Its a real shock that I have had this iPhone 5 since 2013. I’ve always been the sort of person to get a new smartphone very quickly. But this phone has gone through some real moments – dropping, water, crashing of software and things in between. Its safe to say that I’ve really bonded well with my phone. I try my best to not hang on it for too long and I have way too many apps on my iPhone but I don’t have the heart to delete them just yet.
- WhatsApp: This is a popular one in Singapore for sure. My friends around the globe don’t seem to use it that much. Its a free text-messaging tool that uses network data – you can call using this app now. It only be a matter of time before video calling becomes a thing here. Its always saying its going to charge me after a year but it hasn’t and its been years!
- Snapchat: I don’t think I’ve been this obsessed with a social network this much before. Its just fun to snap. The filters, the overlays and all that. I was quite skeptical before but I was wrong. I’m not sure if I’m going to lose interest but not for now. Watching other stories are also super fun! Now there’s Instagram Stories? Hmm.
- Period Tracker Lite: Too much? This is a wonderful app for my ladies out there. Its not like its super exact but it gives a good estimate. You can have it password protected if you like. You can also add little notes: period (light flow), (medium flow), (heavy flow), estimated ovulation, symptoms, moods etc. The Lite does enough for me.
- MyFitnessPal: A great one to track your nutrients of what you’re eating, your exercise, water intake and monitor your weight as well. You can easily scan the barcodes of your food and get all the information, if you don’t want to key it in. You can create your own meals, add your ingredients and see what comes up. This can also be password protected.
- 9Gag: I make it a point to read happy stuff before I go to sleep and when I wake up. It just helps me to have a nice start and end to my days. Its mostly joke-y posts with some political stuff sprinkled into it. I’d suggest taking them with a light heart. My favourites are the posts with cats in them. They are just so great!
What would you classify as a ‘best app’?