In two weeks, I’m going to be on another long haul flight. While I’m excited about where I’m going to be, the travelling time is going to be mental. Unless, of course, all the other bits and bobs work out – neighbours, entertainment, food, seat, toilet etc. I’m really just asking for the basics. I’ve already wrote about a day trip and basic travel essentials before. Lets do the long-haul…
- Lip Balm: Lips are going to be all sorts of chapped and dry. Get a good heavy-duty one and let it do its magic. Like the Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm is the best that I’ve come across. You gotta use your fingers for it but a quick wash or hand sanitizer should do the trick.
- Ear/Headphones: They provide headphones on flight but they are usually flimsy and just uncomfortable. If you’re like me, and love to watch a million movies on flight, this is important for you to not feel like ripping your ears off.
- Ointment/Medication: This is whether you feel uneasy, nauseous, muscle aches or anxious. Keep your trusted saviours with you and feel calmer for your own good. You’re stuck in a plane for hours to come and don’t worry about being a trouble to the other passengers cause of your ointment.
- Keep aside food: I feel as though there’s always quite a lot of food on the tray and they come back very quickly to clear it. I used to let go of my biscuits and packet juices cause I felt weird keeping them aside. But I get peckish later and be annoyed with myself. Have the fruits first, always ask for water and save little tidbits for later. You could also bring your own little snacks but I never think about it when I travel.
- Pen: A lot of times I’ve let other passengers borrow my pen for them to fill in their landing cards. I usually have a pen in each of my bags anyways. When you’ve got your own, you do not need to look around to ask someone and be filling up quickly to return it etc. You can fill it in while on flight too.
These are clearly the basic of the basic and there are other things that are absolutely essential for some. You’ve got your comfortable attire, shoes, simple skincare, neck pillow (I want to try this) and more. Let me know your essentials?