This is a super quick, super delicious breakfast or just a good hearty meal whenever you feel like having something substantial but sweet. Good for autumn/winter. I’m not a big fan of hot oatmeal myself but by adding ingredients that I fancied definitely helped to make it taste much better. You can definitely switch it up or try this and let me know what you think! This is good for one serving.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 apple – chopped
- cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup raspberries
I’d say cooking oatmeal is experimental because you vary the liquid and ingredients to your liking.
- On medium heat, add 1 part oats to 2 parts liquid. I do almond milk plus water.
- Once the oats are cooked (it gets all puffy), add the chopped up apples and cinnamon (to your liking).
- Add honey if you want it a little bit sweeter.
- Set aside in a bowl.
Now for the raspberry compote. I’m pretty sure I got this from Deliciously Ella and just adjusted the recipe.
- In a pot on a low heat, add raspberries. I used frozen but you can use otherwise.
- Add water to how thick or thin you want it to be. Stir occasionally.
- Once it gets all syrupy, add to your oatmeal.
The sweetness in the oatmeal plus the tanginess from the compote goes so well together. By the time I’m done with the compote, the oatmeal is not super hot and the temperature is good for the hot syrup. All the textures are pretty amazing. It makes oatmeal a lot more interesting and enjoyable.
What do you think about oatmeal?