We love our food here. We make all sorts of fusion in Singapore and we are very proud of all of it. We’ve got Chinese, Indian, Malay, Western and food from countries nearby and faraway. I’m pretty sure you can find almost anything. So if you’re travelling to Singapore anytime soon or in Singapore and you’re looking for good places, this might be the list for you. It’s not necessarily hidden but just so wonderful!
I picked Orchard because it’s our town and you can walk around doing all sorts of things and pick up these food items around.
- Bake Cheese Tart at Ion: That’s the gorgeous cheese tart pictured above and its SGD3.50 for one. It’s pretty pricey for what it is. But the cheese is so beautifully creamy. But I really enjoyed the biscuit-tart bit. It’s buttery and soft and lovely. There’s usually some queue for it too.
- Cahaya at Far East Plaza: This is my favourite place to eat in town. It’s Chinese food that’s halal. The people who work there are so laid-back and cool. The Steamed Chicken Noodles is my go-to there. The prices increased a little but its still reasonable.
- Llao Llao at Wheelock Place: I’ve only had their Sanum which is frozen yoghurt with fruits, crunch and sauce. It’s not the healthiest but it’s great! This is SGD6.95 but a good portion I guess. I love their almond bits for the crunch and cookie sauce! The fruits aren’t always the freshest, though.
- Ayam Penyet Ria at Lucky Plaza: If you want a good Indonesian food, this is it. The chilli sauce is nice and the chicken has all the right flavours. The Plaza itself is not the greatest but you can just pop in for this.
- 1A Crispy Puffs at Takashimaya Shopping Centre: Their classic curry puffs are crispy, flaky and filled with potato and chicken and some egg at SGD1.50. I like a good doughy curry puff but I know loads of people who love this. This is tucked away in the food arena, so definitely, go and look for it!
So you’ve got proper meals and good snacks to keep you going as you walk and walk and walk…
Would you want to try any of this?